Friday, August 19, 2005

You Can't Be Coldblooded

An interview with Ullas Karanth in the NYT:
Q. Have you ever gotten emotionally involved with the animals you were observing?

A. Objective scientists aren't supposed to, but I have. During the early 1990's, I was putting radio collars on tigers and leopards at Nagarahole reserve in southern India and then tracking their behavior.

With time, this one leopard got really quite habituated to me. For two years, I'd follow him at night. I had a little laboratory in the middle of the forest, and this leopard used to come around at midnight frequently and I'd hear his call.

Even half asleep, I'd turn on my receiver and when I'd pick up his signals, I felt, oh, O.K., there's my leopard. But one morning, his signal read as if he was lying inactive somewhere in the forest and I really got worried.

When I finally located him, he was strung up like a lynching victim. The leopard had walked into a snare some poacher had set up for deer. Yes, I know, leopards have high mortality rates, and I'm not supposed to feel emotion. But when this happens to a creature you know, you can't be coldblooded.

Incidents like this happen every day and their toll on animal life is cumulative. The killers are usually local people trying to get some protein.

4 Comments:

Blogger chenlina said...

chenlina20151223
hollister outlet
ray ban sunglasses outlet
celine outlet
p90x
hollister
louis vuitton outlet
uggs outlet
ugg clearance
michael kors outlet
louboutin pas cher
adidas superstars
louis vuitton handbags
louis vuitton
instyler max
ugg outlet
michael kors outlet online
coach outlet store
abercrombie and fitch
true religion jeans outlet
oakley sunglasses
hollister kids
ugg boots
fitflops sale clearance
michael kors handbags
toms shoes
michael kors handbags
supra shoes
cheap uggs
coach factory outlet
hollister co
tory burch sale
louis vuitton handbags
replica rolex watches
canada goose outlet
running shoes
timberland outlet
adidas originals
cheap jordans
hollister
kobe 9
as

5:57 PM  
Blogger valentinepharpsteras said...

Lastly, the Musically App will zohosites.com certainly be under the "all apps" area of Official Website the Bluestacks application. Whenever you want Download Musically Login On Windows, Android APK Free to introduce the App, Musically Online you will need to go through musicallylogin the Bluestacks application.

12:57 AM  
Blogger valentinepharpsteras said...

It can be customized about.me/ making use of the many plugins and Website also attachments that are available to add Kodi Download App APK Android, iOS iPhone, PC | Kodi new functions to Kodi, such as weather Download Kodi condition forecasts, devoted Kodi YouTube.

12:28 AM  
Blogger tracyburke said...

EBox MC has actually been getting Kodi App mounted on all EBox Android-based devices for a long time and also official source has actually verified to be a success on your iOS Kodi Download gadget.

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home